Building & Permitting
The Community Development lobby is open from 8:00am to 3:30pm daily.
- Digital plans are highly preferred over paper plans, as paper plans are not required. Digital plans should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a flash drive with the same files should be provided.
- All subcontractors must sign onto the prime contractor's permit prior to permit issuance (see page 2 of the application).
- We strongly recommend submitting the recorded Notice of Commencement at the time of permit issuance to avoid an inspection cancellation.
- All new residential and commercial plans submitted after Feb 1,2021 must be designed to be in compliance with the new FEMA maps.
Please click on link then click on: Preliminary Products issued on 06/29/2018 for Pinellas County, Florida.
- All plans must comply with the 2020 7th Edition Florida Building Code.
- Permit applications for businesses must have the commercial property owners notarized signature.
- Procedures For Processing, Reviewing, and Approving Building Permits and Application
- Permits with maximum sheet sizes of 11x17 may be submitted via email to email@example.com, or plans may be dropped off in the permit drop box located in front of City Hall located at 155 Corey Ave, St. Pete Beach.
- Payment is due upon submittal of the permit application.
Permits, Applications, FormsLink to page
Answers to Floodplain QuestionsLink to page
Building inspections information and scheduleLink to page
Business Tax Receipt
Information on Business Tax ReceiptLink to page
Building Codes for the City of St. Pete Beach, FLLink to page
Building fees and other fees for building & permittingLink to page
Flooding & Hurricane ResourcesLink to page
Assistance Restoring Records
The City of St. Pete Beach is asking area contractors, engineering firms and property owners to help it restore data that was overwritten during a recent data security incident involving the City’s computer servers.Link to page
Business Information Update
Businesses must update their contact information before applying online for permits.Link to page
Projects Needing Permits
Review a partial listing of projects requiring permits.Link to page
FAQsLink to page
Consumer Information - Contracts
Access information about choosing a good contractor.Link to page
Substantial Improvement/Substantial Damage
National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and St Pete Beach infoLink to page
FEMA SI/SD Valuation Revision FormLink to page
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Information
Discover information about FEMA.Link to page
Variances forms and informationLink to page