- Community Development
- Building & Permitting
- Permits, Applications, Forms
Permits, Applications, Forms
The Community Development lobby is open from 8:00am to 3:30pm daily.
Appointments are recommended to avoid long wait times and are given priority over walk ins. If you choose to walk-in without an appointment, you may be asked to have a seat when an appointment arrives. To book an appointment, please click here.
- Digital plans are highly preferred over paper plans, as paper plans are not required. Digital plans should be emailed to email@example.com, and a flash drive with the same files should be provided.
- All subcontractors must sign onto the prime contractor's permit prior to permit issuance (see page 2 of the application).
- We strongly recommend submitting the recorded Notice of Commencement at the time of permit issuance to avoid an inspection cancellation.
- All new residential and commercial plans submitted after Feb 1,2021 must be designed to be in compliance with the new FEMA maps.
Please click on link then click on: Preliminary Products issued on 06/29/2018 for Pinellas County, Florida.
- All plans must comply with the 2020 7th Edition Florida Building Code.
- Permit applications for businesses must have the commercial property owners notarized signature.
- Procedures For Processing, Reviewing, and Approving Building Permits and Application
- Permits with maximum sheet sizes of 11x17 may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or plans may be dropped off in the permit drop box located in front of City Hall located at 155 Corey Ave, St. Pete Beach.
- Payment is due upon submittal of the permit application.
Online Permit Application
Incomplete online permit applications will not be accepted, you will have to resubmit with proper documentation.
Procedures For Processing, Reviewing, and Approving Building Permits and Application
Attention: To minimize exposure between employees and the public, please pull all permits online.
- Ahri (Mechanical)
- Diagram of Window Placement
- Instructions for Uploading Files to a Permit (PDF)
- PDF for Large Format Plans (25Mb) - Hard copy plans are still required, please contact our office for instructions. Email us: email@example.com
- Please Include Necessary Documents (Building)
- Product Approvals (Roof, Windows, Doors, Etc.)
Use the buttons below to check the status of a Building application or schedule an inspection.
Use the buttons below to check the status of a Planning application or schedule an inspection.
Note: Building Inspection requests require a contractor web code provided by the City. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your web code.
Permits & Plans Submission InfoSubmitting Online Permit: Submit all documents online
Submitting Hard Copy Permit: Submit all documents in hard copy, including revisions
Submitting Plans: Plans larger than 11x17 should be submitted with two sets of stamped & sealed plans with the application in person. Please make an appointment online
Important Info: The Building Department will not accept mixed submittals e.g., submitted online & then documents dropped at our office or in the mailbox outside city hall.
Cumulative Substantial Improvements
Beginning July 1st, 2021, the City will be adopting an ordinance which will establish a 5-year time frame in which the total value of improvements over a 5-year period will not exceed 50% of the value of the structure as established when the 1st permit is issued after July 1. When the value does exceed the 50% threshold the original building must be brought into compliance according to the ordinance requirements for new buildings. Roofs and certain ancillary equipment such as hot water heaters and AC systems, may be replaced as necessary as determined by the City’s Floodplain Administrator.
Forms & Notices
- Building Permit Application for Contractors / Subcontractor Sign-On (PDF)
- Driveway Agreement (PDF)
- Notice of Commencement (PDF)
- Owner-Builder Statement / Affidavit (PDF)
- Residential Swimming Pool / Spa / Hot Tub Safety Act (PDF)
- Simplified Total Dynamic Head (TDH) Calculation Worksheet for Pools (PDF)
- Resubmittal Cover Sheet (PDF)
- Agent Authorization Form (PDF)
- Right-of-Way Utilization Permit (PDF)
- Roof Affidavit (PDF)
- Reinstatement Request Form (PDF)
- Permit Extension Request (PDF)
- Substantial Improvement / Damage Application Packet (PDF)
- Notice to Pool Contractors (PDF)
- Notice to Seawall Contractors (PDF)
- Permit / Lien Request Form (PDF)
- Nonconversion Agreement (PDF)
- Submittal Requirements for Permit Type (PDF)
- Seawall Permitting Requirements (PDF)
- Seawall Agreement (PDF)
- Impervious Surface Ratio Worksheet (PDF)
- CONDO Permit Kitchen and Bath Checklist (PDF)
- NEW CONSTRUCTION VALUATION AFFIDAVIT FILLABLE FORM (PDF)
- FINAL CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY REQUEST FORM FOR IWORQ WORKFLOW (PDF)