Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Procedure to Expedite Eligible Permits Following Hurricane Idalia
NOTICE: All flood damaged materials may be removed without a permit. However, a permit must be obtained to replace the flood-damaged materials.
The City will issue the following permits over-the-counter with a notarized application, a floorplan noting the damaged materials and photos of the damage:
• Roof Repair (less than 25%) and Re-roofs
• Equipment Replacement (due to flood damage)
• Fence Repair if it serves as a pool barrier
• Interior Flood Repairs (may include replacing insulation and affected
framing, drywall, trim, base cabinetry, and electrical wiring and devices*)
*NOTE: A licensed electrician must sign on to interior repair permits to ensure the temporary power is made safe. Failure to do so may result in a fire.
Technical review is only required if any of the following apply:
1. The value of work is $25,000 or more (requires FEMA packet) 2. A stop work order was issued prior to the storm 3. There are other open building permits, regardless of the value of work
NOTE: When technical review is required, the permit will not be issued over the counter but will be expedited to prevent further delays.